Besides the Earl grey chocolate braid, my friend and I also made these fluffy, cheesy pesto balls as our “appetizer”.
This is another recipe that we found on Tasty. The reasons that we loved this recipe were because of (1) pesto and (2) simple ingredients!
The steps may seem simple, but it took us a while to actually wrap the cheese and pesto without breaking the dough.
Despite the messy process, it turned out a lot better than we expected!! The pesto flavor was definitely really strong, as well as the thyme that we’ve sprinkled.
The only disappointment from these pesto cheese balls were the cheese. It wasn’t really evident ager it’s baked. Our dough was too thick. Something to work on next time! Nonetheless, these are definitely quick and easy party food if you have friends coming over!
- 500 g Pizza dough (we used frozen pizza dough)
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz Jar of basil pesto
- 1 Egg
- Thymes (for garnishes)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 400 ºF
- Lightly greased the baking pan with oil (any type), and place a sheet of parchment paper
- Divide the pizza dough evenly (the portion you desire)
- Cut the Mozzarella cheese into equal-sized cubes
- Flatten dough, spread a teaspoon of pesto in the center of the dough
- Place a cube of Mozzarella on top
- Pinch the sides around the cheese to completely encased the fillings
- Placed stuffed dough balls in a baking pan
- Egg wash the balls and sprinkle some thymes
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven or until the dough is golden brown
- Serve warm!