Since there was left over doughs and pesto from the Pesto Cheese Balls, we thought “why don’t we make a pizza?” The dough that we used was pizza dough anyway, so it was perfect!
The thought of making this pizza was definitely impromptus, but it turned out to be our favorite besides the Earl grey chocolate braid.
Pizza is so versatile that you can pretty much top it with whatever you like, either sweets or savory.
The combo of pesto and cheese, and an egg is just perfect. There’s nothing wrong you can go with any of those ingredients right? Since we like runny yolks, we only baked for around 15-20 minutes. However, if you prefer cooked yolk, you can leave it in the oven for extra 5 minutes.
- 100 g Pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons Pesto sauce
- 3 tablespoons Ricotta
- 2 tablespoons Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400 ºF
- Roll out the dough to desire size (~ 6 inch)
- Spread the pesto on the dough
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Take the pizza out of the oven, and crack an egg in the center
- Put it back in the oven, and bake for another 10 minutes (longer if you want cooked yolk)
- Bon appétit!