First time spending summer in Montreal, realizing that it can get quite hot and humid, especially without any air conditioner! This frozen greek yogurt barks are perfect cooling agents. They’re not only vegan friendly, but also diabetic-friendly!
Eating healthy and mindfully don’t necessarily mean that you have to give up desserts. There are quite a lot of real food that are sweet naturally, fruits are one of them, without any doubts. With the addition of nuts, not only added extra flavors, but also added values to the nutrient contents!
This recipe is made without eggs, low in sugar, low carbohydrates, low fats, gluten-free, and most importantly (at least for me), it’s diabetic friendly! It only takes 5 to 10 minutes to prepare, and just pop it into the freezer, it’ll do its job. Break it up like chocolate barks, but healthier and guilt-free! This is a great substitute for your ice cream cravings and cut down sugar.
- 3 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons Maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon Grounded cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Sugar-free strawberry-rose jam (homemade)
- ¼ cup Pistachios, chopped
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Mine is 10" x 15".
- In a mixing bowl, combine greek yogurt, maple syrup and cinnamon
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet evenly
- Dot the jam over the surface and swirl/blend it with spatula
- Sprinkle chopped pistachio evenly on top
- Put it into the freezer until firm, at least 3-4 hours.
- Cut it with knife or break it up with hands before serving.
You can also substitute the toppings for anything you like! However, the nutrient contents and calories would change accordingly.